- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter. Add broth, carrot, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and parsley. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until the rice and vegetable are tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Hot Dish
"OMG! Loved this! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I will be making this often. comfort food at its best. I used Schwan's chicken breast meat for fajitas. I think it added even more flavor to the hot dish. I doubled the recipe and kept going back for more. This is a "must try" recipe. A definite keeper in my book, especially since I almost always have all these ingredients on hand!"
"I've made this so many times since it was first published. It's an all time favourite. now that there's two of us I simply increase the veggies, rice and stock and use left over rotisserie chicken when I have it."
"This is one of our favorite meals. It's easy to adapt for potlucks."