Chicken Rice Dinner Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Place rice in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion and garlic; top with mushrooms. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour over all. Place chicken on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Dinner(13)
Sort By :
I didn't have mushrooms, so I replaced with a roasted red pepper chopped and like another reviewer I added frozen peas. This is a keeper!
This is a yummy twist on traditional chicken and rice
Very good, topped it off with cheese instead of parsley. Quick, easy, and inexpensive. Love it!
We love this dish! It's quick,simple and easy to make. Great family meal, have taken also taken it dinner get togethers and everyone loved it.! Thanks for keeping this one on the TOH site!
Great basic chicken and rice recipe. Now if I can just figure out how to convert it for my slow cooker...;-)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >