- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Place rice in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion and garlic; top with mushrooms. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour over all. Place chicken on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Dinner
Sort By :
Very easy and delish! Everyone enjoyed. I did add the peas. Thanks for the info.
Delicious, didn't change a thing. A definite keeper..........
turned out wonderful. might add more mushrooms. used bone-in chicken breasts instead of thighs.
We loved it!
I didn't have mushrooms, so I replaced with a roasted red pepper chopped and like another reviewer I added frozen peas. This is a keeper!