- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Place rice in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion and garlic; top with mushrooms. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour over all. Place chicken on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 180° and rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Dinner
Sort By :
"I have never turned down a recipe for simplicity. This one caught my eye just for that reason and the combo of flavors is very nice on this. My hubby gave a thumbs up on this, c hicken and rice is one of his very favorites."
"A new favorite. Used brown rice instead of white rice and the flavor is fantastic! Just make sure to cover with foil before baking :)."
"Very easy and delish! Everyone enjoyed. I did add the peas. Thanks for the info."
"Delicious, didn't change a thing. A definite keeper.........."
"turned out wonderful. might add more mushrooms. used bone-in chicken breasts instead of thighs."