Chicken Rice Dinner
Everyone enjoys the country-style combination of chicken, rice and mushrooms. Using chicken bouillon adds to this dish's wonderful flavor.—Judith Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add chicken thighs, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a
- large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Place rice in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- onion and garlic; top with mushrooms. Dissolve bouillon in boiling
- water; pour over all. Place chicken on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads
- 180° and rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Yield: 5 servings.