Chicken Rice Casserole
Casseroles are one of my favorite dishes and this one is so easy to put together. The already cooked chicken makes this recipe extra fast.—Marcia Hostetter, Canton, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. casserole, combine chicken, vegetables, rice mix,
- onion and mushrooms. Combine water, soup, onion salt and thyme; mix
- well. Pour over the rice mixture; stir. Cover and bake at 375°
- for 55-65 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring
- occasionally. Sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.