- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Stir in the chicken, celery, 1/2 cup almonds and rice. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Casserole with Toasted Almonds
Sort By :
"This casserole wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was anything great. It was very easy which I appreciated. I left out the almonds and used minced onion on top of the casserole instead. I also halved the recipe for my small family. I used brown rice and cooked 1 cup rice with 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup water. I really don't think I'll make this again."
"This recipe was so easy and delicious! My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Since there are only two of us, I halved it and it worked out perfectly (still cooked for 45 minutes in the oven to make the top a little crispy). I also cooked my chicken in the crock pot all day and shredded it instead of cubing it. Wonderful and highly recommended!"