Casseroles are one of my favorite dishes and this one is so easy to put together. The already cooked chicken makes this recipe extra fast.—Marcia Hostetter, Canton, New York
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. casserole, combine chicken, vegetables, rice mix, onion and mushrooms. Combine water, soup, onion salt and thyme; mix well. Pour over the rice mixture; stir. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rice Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review