- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Homemade Seasoned Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. casserole, combine chicken, vegetables, rice mix, onion and mushrooms. Combine water, soup, onion salt and thyme; mix well. Pour over the rice mixture; stir. Cover and bake at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Rice Casserole
Sort By :
Instead of using the Homemade Rice Mix, you can use one cup of rice and use chicken broth instead of water and add a few more seasoninings such as garlic and onion powder and a little dry thyme.
I agree on the onion salt review from past. I would use onion powder. I will also bake uncovered. After 60 minutes mine was still soupy. A good and easy recipe.
Please don't rate recipes that you have not tried. Some of us actually depend on those star ratings to decide if we want to make a recipe or not. Thanks from a lot of people who feel like I do.
Mixed the leftovers with chicken broth for a delicious chicken and rice soup the next day.
This casserole is so good. My kids even like it!