Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Combine chilies and pepper Jack cheese; spoon into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream cheese, broth and lime juice until blended. Bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro and lime peel.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve with cream sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce(3)
Sort By :
I have made this 3 times already...my family loves it! I did cut the lime juice in half and roasted my own green chilies (I live in NM so we have plenty of them fresh). My stepson loved it so much he asked for me to make it again before he has to go back to his moms.
So yummy! I served with pasta b/c I didn't have egg noodles and didn't feel like rice. I doubled the sauce, and I'm glad I did. However, I didn't double the lime - used 1 tsp lime zest and about 2.5 tbsp lime juice. I thought it came out just right. Any more, and I think the lime would have been overpowering.
Tangy cream cheese sauce and lots of green chili punch!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >