Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Combine chilies and pepper Jack cheese; spoon into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream cheese, broth and lime juice until blended. Bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro and lime peel.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve with cream sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce(3)
Sort By :
I have made this 3 times already...my family loves it! I did cut the lime juice in half and roasted my own green chilies (I live in NM so we have plenty fresh from the garden).
So yummy! I served with pasta b/c I didn't have egg noodles and didn't feel like rice. I doubled the sauce, and I'm glad I did. However, I didn't double the lime - used 1 tsp lime zest and about 2.5 tbsp lime juice. I thought it came out just right. Any more, and I think the lime would have been overpowering.
Tangy cream cheese sauce and lots of green chili punch!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >