There’s a little math and a lot of mouthwatering flavor in this simple dinner recipe. The creamy cilantro and lime sauce would taste terrific with rice or egg noodles. —Julie De Matteo, Clementon, New Jersey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Combine chilies and pepper Jack cheese; spoon into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cream cheese, broth and lime juice until blended. Bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro and lime peel.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve with cream sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p56
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Rellenos with Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review