Chicken Red Pepper Saute Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Green onions or minced chives
- 1. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of broth, garlic and lemon-pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add red pepper strips; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with onions or chives. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Red Pepper Saute
"There wasn't much taste in this recipe, we were all disappointed with the outcome. I doubled the recipe thinking it would be great for leftovers. Perhaps more seasoning. Easy to prepare, but not worth making"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.