Chicken Red Pepper Saute
The garlic and lemon-pepper really come through in this quick stir-fry. Serve the colorful combination on a bed of rice or over chow mein noodles for fun crunch. For dessert pour cream over sliced fresh peaches or serve easy fudge brownies.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Green onions or minced chives
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of
- broth, garlic and lemon-pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken
- mixture and remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Add red pepper strips; cook and stir for
- 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with onions
- or chives. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.