- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- Green onions or minced chives
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 cup of broth, garlic and lemon-pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add red pepper strips; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with onions or chives. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Red Pepper Saute
"There wasn't much taste in this recipe, we were all disappointed with the outcome. I doubled the recipe thinking it would be great for leftovers. Perhaps more seasoning. easy to prepare, but not worth making"