- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
I was really looking forward to making this recipe. I was however a little disappointed. The tortillas came out nice and crispy but the chicken mixture was very dry and not very flavorful. I don't know, I might try it again and use different things. I know someone used chicken broth in the mix which might help the dryness and add some more spice to kick it up a notch.
I made this tonight and I loved them, the only thing that I did different was I made them in a skillet instead of the oven
Wow--was e-mailed this recipe today and made it!! It is very tasty and easy to make!!
This was very good and easy. I think next time I will grill them, I like to have the grill marks. However, the oven did make them nice and crispy.
So good and so easy! I used my own homeade salsa and onion powder in place of the green onions because my wife's not a green onion fan. She don't eat mexican food very much, but she loves this and requests it often.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >