- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
"This is a family favorite and one of our go-to meals on a busy weeknight. We add a lot more salsa to our chicken mixture to add more flavor. Great recipe!"
"I tried this recipe and we liked it. The crispy tortillas really added alot"
"I made this yesterday and it is wonderful. I did use one of the reviews and added 3oz. of cream cheese .... it is a GREAT recipe and am making it again tonight."
"I liked how this recipe uses simple ingredients that are staples I have on hand anytime. A great way to throw together a quick meal!"
"Great use of cut-up rotisserie chicken. Used medium salsa and cheddar-jack cheese. Loved how I could make 6 at once in the oven. My husband ate 4 of them!"