- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
Sort By :
"This recipe is great fast and delicious for everyone in our household!!!! Thank you"
"I cooked my chicken in chili lime sauce and baked the quesadilla in my quesadilla cooker but otherwise mad as written. Really good."
"My family and I enjoyed this meal! The thing I did different was I did not use oregano and I boiled the chicken with one cube of bouillon."
"My husband loves quesadillas and this one is now his favorite one to make. After making the chicken mixture he just uses the skillet on top of the stove to lay the tortilla flat, then adds the cheese and mixture topped off with another tortilla. Flip it once and it is perfect."
"Brushed ours with Canola oil and sprayed pan with Pam's Olive Oil with temp at 375 and YUMMY! All kids at it up. Also the kids loved the suggestion of the ranch dip. THIS IS KEEPER!!"