Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas(23)
Sort By :
I made this once and my 15 year old daughter made it. We left out the oregano as that seems like an Italian seasoning. Ours didn't burn and they were delicious and easy.
wow!!! these were so good! and easy!
This is one of the few dishes that everyone in my family will eat. As another poster commented, I use whole wheat tortillas and low fat cheese & sour cream. I serve it with a black bean & corn salad. A couple of posters mentioned that their tortillas burned quickly in the oven. I had the same issue, but I was using oil (canola or olive -- can't remember which). When I switched to butter like the recipe calls for, they came out perfectly. I hope this helps someone!
Family Favorite and so easy and quick to make!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >