- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Quesadillas
"Good recipe. I added green chilles and some refried beans to the chicken mixture since another reviewer mentioned they were dry. This made an excellent dinner. I will make these again."
"This recipe is perfect for using left over chicken. It' something a little different for those nights you don't know what to fix. I like the crunchy outside. It's especially good with the sour cream."
"My family LOVES this recipe! I have made it a bunch of times. My only suggestion to save time would be to simply spread a thin layer of softened butter with a knife on the tortillas -same result with less mess."
"This is a family favorite and one of our go-to meals on a busy weeknight. We add a lot more salsa to our chicken mixture to add more flavor. Great recipe!"
"I tried this recipe and we liked it. The crispy tortillas really added alot"