Chicken Provolone Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 236 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.