“Chicken Provolone, though one of my simplest dishes, is also one of my husband’s favorites,” says Dawn Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. “It’s easy to prepare and looks fancy served on a dark plate with a garnish of fresh parsley or basil.”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; top with the basil, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Provolone in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Provolone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review