Chicken Provencal Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; remove and set aside.
- 2. Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3. Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish; arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 580 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 1,277 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Provencal
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.