- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; remove and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish; arrange chicken pieces on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Provencal
"Super simple, elegant enough for a dinner party and super tasty! A wonderful, wonderful dish. I wouldn't change a thing. A keeper"
"Love it and so does my family! I use chicken tenders, though, cooking them completely in th first step. That lets me reduce baking time to about half (30 minutes)."
"Very bland. If I do make this again, I would add more seasonings and garlic"