Chicken Primavera Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn chicken and move center pieces to the outside of dish. Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes longer. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave butter on high for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and pepper; mix well. Add mushrooms and peas. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once. Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Serve over linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.