Chicken Primavera Recipe
"This fantastic chicken dish is a variation on a recipe from one of my favorite microwave cookbooks," writes Karen Badger of Mahomet, Illinois. "Just toss together a salad, and your family can sit down to a satisfying meal in minutes."
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn chicken and move center pieces to the outside of dish. Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes longer. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave butter on high for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and pepper; mix well. Add mushrooms and peas. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once. Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Serve over linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Primavera in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Primavera(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >