- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn chicken and move center pieces to the outside of dish. Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes longer. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave butter on high for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, wine and pepper; mix well. Add mushrooms and peas. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring once. Stir in chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Serve over linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Primavera
"We love this recipe, we do it on the stove, not microwave. Very easy and tastes well."
"This didnt turn out so well for me, didnt seem to have as much flavor as I was hoping for."