Chicken Potstickers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a food processor, combine the uncooked chicken, mushrooms, onion, hoisin sauce, mustard and chili sauce; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Place 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture in the center of each wrapper. (Until ready to use, keep wrappers covered with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out.) Moisten edges with egg. Bring opposite sides together to form a semicircle; pinch to seal.
- 3. Place potstickers in a single layer on a large greased steamer basket rack; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until filling juices run clear.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with potstickers. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 5. Freeze option: Cover and freeze uncooked potstickers in a single layer on waxed paper-lined sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, steam as directed until heated through and juices run clear. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 43 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer