Chicken Potpies Recipe
My mother made these tasty potpies for Sunday supper for many years. They are easy to prepare and are perfect for a ladies' luncheon or a family meal.
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1. Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions. Drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, sage and pepper until blended. Combine the water, milk and bouillon. Slowly add to saucepan, stirring constantly.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the chicken, pimientos, parsley and reserved peas and carrots. Spoon into six individual baking dishes.
- 3. Roll and cut pastry into circles 1 in. smaller than top of casseroles; place one circle on each. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 605 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,145 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Potpies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC