- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions. Drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, sage and pepper until blended. Combine the water, milk and bouillon. Slowly add to saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the chicken, pimientos, parsley and reserved peas and carrots. Spoon into six individual baking dishes.
- Roll and cut pastry into circles 1 in. smaller than top of casseroles; place one circle on each. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Potpies
Sort By :
"Every good. I just put it all in a baking pan and put pastry over that."
"This recipe is a hit with my husband because it doesn't have much crust. He's not a fan of the soggy pastry or pasty bread toppings of most pot pies. He can also make these individual pies himself -- getting him to cook is always a good thing for me!"