With chunks of chicken, veggies and a golden biscuit topping, this makes a hearty meal that will rival homey dishes from Mom. —Sala Houtzer, Goldsboro, North Carolina
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; spoon over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Biscuit Topping in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p66
Reviews for Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Biscuit Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review