Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the vegetables, chicken, onions and mushrooms; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and thyme until smooth. Gradually add broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Potpie(6)
Sort By :
Excellent!! Definitely a keeper!! Easy to fix and far and above any thing you buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store.
Loved this recipe! Very easy to make and Delicious
Best chicken pot pie we've ever had! Our son said he'd eat it every night, and he doesn't even like vegetables!
This was absolutely fantastic. I'm the only one that eats onions and mushrooms in this house so I substituted the mushrooms and onions with Ore Ida steam ready potatoes (keeping them frozen and cubed) I mix them into the cooked chicken and frozen vegetables. The dried thyme doesn't soften when making the broth so instead I use a little salt and pepper... it is excellent. My favorite recipe!