Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked thin egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pastry for single-crust pie (10 inches)
- In a medium saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add 2 cups water, chicken, vegetables, noodles, bouillon and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes or just until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-in. pie plate. Roll out pastry to fit plate; place over filling. Cut several 1-in. slits in the top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Potpie(7)
Sort By :
This was so easy to make and delicious! Even my husband said it was a keeper! I sauteed the veggies in coconut oil and added a dash of MollyMcbutter to get the buttery taste. I also had left over chicken from a rotisserie and added it in with the rest of the chicken. I've already made this twice!!
Fabulous recipe. I sauteed the veggies in olive oil instead of butter because of a dairy intolerance. Will definitely make again!
doubled the batch and made it in a 9X13 pan. had just enough left over for lunch next day. everyone even kids loved it.
really good! Used broken up angel hair pasta. Instead of pie pastry used biscuit from can
This was so good and even good for you!!!! I sent it to my mom who was recently diagnosed with diabetes because it will give her a nice balanced meal and she can even have a little more than 1 serving since there aren't to many carbs.