Chicken Potato Delight Recipe
In Mt. Sterling, Illinois, Nicki Ussery makes the most of leftover chicken and convenience items to create this hearty casserole. It's quick to prepare, comforting and perfect for a potluck.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup sour cream and onion potato chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken and 1-1/4 cps cheese. Spread three-fourths of the mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle hash browns over the top and press down lightly. Spread with the remaining soup mixture.
- 2. Sprinkle with onions, potato chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC