Chicken Potato Delight Recipe
In Mt. Sterling, Illinois, Nicki Ussery makes the most of leftover chicken and convenience items to create this hearty casserole. It's quick to prepare, comforting and perfect for a potluck.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1 cup sour cream and onion potato chips
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken and 1-1/4 cps cheese. Spread three-fourths of the mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle hash browns over the top and press down lightly. Spread with the remaining soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions, potato chips and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Potato Delight in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p35
Reviews for Chicken Potato Delight(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2011
This recipe is so good and my whole family loves it! The french-fried onions and potato chips add a great crunch to this dish!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Casserole >