Chicken Potato Casserole Recipe
This savory, satisfying casserole from Kersten Campbell of Pullman, Washington is real comfort food that freezes so well. Thaw it in the fridge overnight then pop it into the oven when you get home the next day for a super-easy supper.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, divide chicken between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese, soup mix, spinach, carrot, salt, garlic powder and pepper; mash until smooth. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 3. Bake one casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Cover and freeze the remaining casserole for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 422 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC