Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sage, thyme and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Reduce heat; add 6 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup broth and remaining salt and sage. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain potatoes; mash with remaining cream cheese and broth. Serve with chicken and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes(13)
Sort By :
My husband said this was the best meal I've ever cooked - and I'm not exactly a slouch in the kitchen!
This is a heavy meal with a lot of calories but it was amazing if you like mushrooms!
My husband loved this the first time I made it and has requested it several more times.
This was Delicious...great flavor. I can't wait to make it again.
The chicken was delicious!!! It is just me and my husband, so I used about half the chicken but still made all of the sauce. It was just about the perfect amount, although I would leave out a little of the cream cheese (and the extra salt).
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >