Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sage, thyme and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Reduce heat; add 6 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup broth and remaining salt and sage. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain potatoes; mash with remaining cream cheese and broth. Serve with chicken and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 604 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 939mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes
"My husband said this was the best meal I've ever cooked - and I'm not exactly a slouch in the kitchen!"
"This is a heavy meal with a lot of calories but it was amazing if you like mushrooms!"
"My husband loved this the first time I made it and has requested it several more times."
"This was Delicious...great flavor. I can't wait to make it again."
"very good recipe love the mushrooms"
"yummy and easy"
"Fabulous recipe! Rave reviews from guests who have tried it at our house. :-)"
"My family loved this recipe and they aren't usually crazy about any type of gravy or sauce"
"Nice varriation with sauce on top as opposed to being smothered in it."
"The mushroom sauce is wonderful. Our son suggested cutting up the chicken and adding it to the sauce. Then serving over noodles instead of the red potatoes. I look forward to trying his suggestion next time."