Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sage, thyme and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reaches 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Reduce heat; add 6 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup broth and remaining salt and sage. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain potatoes; mash with remaining cream cheese and broth. Serve with chicken and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1 cup mashed potatoes and 1/3 cup mushroom sauce equals 604 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.