Chicken Portobello Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles or pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add the broth, cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 454 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Portobello Stroganoff
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.