Chicken Portobello Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles or pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add the broth, cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without noodles): 454 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Portobello Stroganoff
"Added some Worcestershire Sauce and it was divine! Did find the sauce a bit runny. Maybe will add a bit of flour next time."
"As written, this recipe is way too tart. I wish that I had never added the lemon juice. The recipe was simple enough, and came together well, but the lemon did not belong. I will make again, but no lemon juice."
"it has too much liquid - I believe that it is a mistake to put 2 cup of chicken broth in the receipe....."
"Took a little longer than I expected to cook. But my wife and son loved it. We will make it again!"
"This was very good. I did have to modify by adding a tablespoon of flour mixed with chicken broth to make a paste to thicken. Even after reducing by half it was too thin. But it turned out delicious."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.