Chicken Portobello Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles or pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add the broth, cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without noodles): 454 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Portobello Stroganoff
"Added some Worcestershire Sauce and it was divine! Did find the sauce a bit runny. Maybe will add a bit of flour next time."
"As written, this recipe is way too tart. I wish that I had never added the lemon juice. The recipe was simple enough, and came together well, but the lemon did not belong. I will make again, but no lemon juice."
"it has too much liquid - I believe that it is a mistake to put 2 cup of chicken broth in the receipe....."
"Took a little longer than I expected to cook. But my wife and son loved it. We will make it again!"
"This was very good. I did have to modify by adding a tablespoon of flour mixed with chicken broth to make a paste to thicken. Even after reducing by half it was too thin. But it turned out delicious."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.