- 3 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine limeade concentrate and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates; top with strawberries, peas, onion and chicken. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 4 servings plus 1 cup leftover dressing.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Poppy Seed Salad
Sort By :
"Took this recipe camping. I loved it because you can make the dressing up ahead of time and marinate the chicken in the ice chest as you travel up. This all means less work on your trip and more time for fun. We also served this buffet style with all the ingredients in separate bowls. This let even the picky family eaters enjoy the salad because they could build their own. And my non-salad eating father raved about it enough to request the recipe!"
"By far my favorite recipe from TOH! There was a lot of extra dressing which I will gladly use on any salad. The chicken came out great, I marinated over night since I have little time to prepare dinner in the evenings."
"I used a citrus poppyseed dressing. I've found both Lime and strawberry poppyseed dressing, which are wonderful on this salad."
"This came out delicious. I grilled the chicken and cut the dressing recipe in half and served at a BBQ and this was a hit!"
"Oboy, is this ever good!"