- 3 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine limeade concentrate and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Divide spinach among four salad plates; top with strawberries, peas, onion and chicken. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 4 servings plus 1 cup leftover dressing.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Poppy Seed Salad
Sort By :
By far my favorite recipe from TOH! There was a lot of extra dressing which I will gladly use on any salad. The chicken came out great, I marinated over night since I have little time to prepare dinner in the evenings.
I used a citrus poppyseed dressing. I've found both Lime and strawberry poppyseed dressing, which are wonderful on this salad.
This came out delicious. I grilled the chicken and cut the dressing recipe in half and served at a BBQ and this was a hit!
Oboy, is this ever good!
FAB! Grilled the chicken instead of frying, the chicken had wonderful flavor. The dressing was great! Will use the dressing not only for this recipe. I did it in a large bowl doubled the greens. This recipe will make quite a bit of dressing.