Chicken Pom-Poms Recipe
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 16 cups cooked long grain rice
- 12 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 10 jars (12 ounces each) chicken gravy
- In a large Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Combine the flour, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture until blended. Gradually stir in broth until blended. Add the milk powder and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until very thick. Cool. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Stir the rice, chicken and cheese into the sauce mixture. Combine breadcrumbs and paprika in a shallow baking pan. Shape 1/4 cupfuls of chicken mixture into 2-in. balls; roll in crumb mixture.
- Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 400° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Heat the gravy; serve with pom-poms. Yield: 40-45 servings (2 pom-poms each).
Reviews for Chicken Pom-Poms(4)
Sort By :
Every time I've made these they sort of melt in the oven.They come out flat & not like a ball at all. I have refrigerated them then baked them & still no luck Can someone give me tips on what I can do to fix this?
This recipe takes quite a bit of time but is worth it. It is delicious. I have halved the recipe and have frozen fully cooked pom-poms. I just reheated them in the oven until they were heated through.
Awesome! Will make again, and again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >