Your family will never guess that this fun twist on typical pizza uses up leftover pesto. Loaded with chicken and black beans, hearty slices will fill them up fast.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink.
Place the crust on a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pesto; top with the chicken, tomato, beans and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p27
Reviews for Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2014
"We enjoyed this, but thought it could use some more flavor. Maybe some more garlic? Some onion would help too. It was a nice change of pace though! I may try it again sometime with some alterations."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"I love chicken pizza"