If everybody's hungry and you're crunched for time, reach for pitas. Just slice them open, fill them up and go. Save even more time with chicken tenders. —Jacqueline Parker, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 12 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, mix oil, thyme, paprika, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt until blended. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise and remaining salt; spoon into pita halves. Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Fill pitas with chicken strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pita Pockets in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Chicken Pita Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2015
"Surprising delicious combination of flavors! So easy to put together."
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2015
"Nice simple meal!"
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2014
"Very easy and really good."