- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 12 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large bowl, mix oil, thyme, paprika, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt until blended. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, mayonnaise and remaining salt; spoon into pita halves. Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Fill pitas with chicken strips. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Pita Pockets
Sort By :
"Quick meal!! I baked the chicken and used whole wheat low carb wraps since that is what we had. Very good meal for a weeknight!!"
"Surprising delicious combination of flavors! So easy to put together."
"Nice simple meal!"
"Very easy and really good."