Chicken Pilaf Saute Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, saute chicken, rice and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Dissolve bouillon in water. Add salt, thyme and pepper; stir to mix. Pour into skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and almonds. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 481 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,285 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Pilaf Saute
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.