- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute chicken, rice and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Dissolve bouillon in water. Add salt, thyme and pepper; stir to mix. Pour into skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and almonds. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pilaf Saute in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Pilaf Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2016
"Simple easy to make recipe. I used long grain brow rice and a longer cooking time."