Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika; set aside. In a another shallow bowl, beat eggs and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken on each side in butter over medium-high heat. Combine the bouillon, water and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 488 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 262 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.