My husband loves chicken piccata. I tried it in a puff pastry pocket with a bit of cream cheese; it tasted sensational. When he took leftovers to work, everyone asked what smelled so great. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper on medium speed until well combined. Fold in capers and shallot.
- Unfold puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four smaller squares. Spread cream cheese mixture over squares to within 1/4 in. of edges; top with chicken.
- Fold one corner of each pastry square over chicken, forming a triangle. Pinch triangle edges to seal and flatten with fork for tighter seal. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry pocket, including edges. Discard leftover egg mixture. Pierce each pocket twice with a fork to vent.
Bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Serve pockets with lemon slices and parsley.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pockets on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake as directed, increasing time by about 5 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Piccata Pockets in Taste of Home February/March 2017
Reviews forChicken Piccata Pockets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2017
"Loved the cream cheese filling. Will make this dish for guests."
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2017
"Looked pretty, but too much cream cheese for only 4 chicken tenders."