Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 thin lemon slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large plastic resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, one piece at a time. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine and garlic to the pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the broth, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in butter and lemon slices. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Piccata(6)
Sort By :
This is so tasty and tender. I used regular broth rather than low-sodium.
Delicious and so easy! I love the lemon and capers combo.
This Recipe was SO quick and Easy! I love it! Tried it on a whim tonight and it was AMAZING! I used chicken tenderloins and doubled the recipe. My 9 year old declared it a Keeper recipe. :)
My whole family loves this recipe! I have made it several times. Only problem is there is 6 of us so I have to make it in two batches.... BUT well worth the effort!
The best lemon chicken recipe I have ever eaten. It is amazing. I will be serving it again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Piccata >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >