Chicken Picante Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (calculated without rice) equals 209 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Picante
"Simple and delicious!"
"This recipe has the most amazing flavor.I love it. Very easy to make."
"I wasn't a huge fan of this recipe. I could have just eaten the chicken and been happy. I might have needed more sugar or mustard, but either way, all i tasted was picante sauce. It was over powering. I will prolly make this again, but try my own twist on it."
"Don't let the simplicity fool you. This dish is delicious. The chicken is juicy and the sauce is delightful."
"Very easy to make and very good tasting."
"I made it for two. I also used salsa and it still turned out good."
"Easy and delish!!"
"I keep the ingredients on hand to make Picante Chicken when I've had a hard day, and I get full credit (spouse approval) of a meal well-made. I don't dare tell him how simple it is!!Delicious served as-is in the picture."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.