My husband used to claim this entree as his specialty until I made it and discovered how quick and easy it is. Our two sons love the juicy chicken while my husband and I enjoy the twist that brown sugar and mustard give the picante sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a meat thermometer
- reads 170°. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without rice) equals 209 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.