- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Picante
"I have made this several times as written, but I now add about 2 tablespoons of honey to the sauce & we love it this way. It is so moist & serving it with rice makes good use of the sauce."
"Simple and delicious!"
"This recipe has the most amazing flavor.I love it. Very easy to make."
"I wasn't a huge fan of this recipe. I could have just eaten the chicken and been happy. I might have needed more sugar or mustard, but either way, all i tasted was picante sauce. It was over powering. I will prolly make this again, but try my own twist on it."