Chicken Philly Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split and warmed
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and sweet peppers until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Philly Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Woo what a beautiful recipe lol, thanks for sharing it with us; Jesus Christ Bless you! :)"
"Loved these sandwiches! I used a little under 1 lb of chicken since my buns were a bit longer. I decreased the salt because I added Montreal Chicken seasoning while the chicken was cooking. I also lightly buttered and grilled the buns. Can't wait to make again."
"It was good."
"Even my picky teenage daughter ate them!"
"Will make it every month now! Very yummy!"