Chicken Philly Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split and warmed
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and sweet peppers until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Philly Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
Loved these sandwiches! I used a little under 1 lb of chicken since my buns were a bit longer. I decreased the salt because I added Montreal Chicken seasoning while the chicken was cooking. I also lightly buttered and grilled the buns. Can't wait to make again.
It was good.
Even my picky teenage daughter ate them!
Will make it every month now! Very yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >