Chicken Pesto with Pasta
Prepared pesto accents this warm pasta toss using rotisserie chicken. Keep pesto in the freezer for the next time you have leftover chicken. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) cellentani or spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 container (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions; drain
- and return to pan. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and pesto; heat
- through. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 433 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.