Chicken Pesto Sandwiches
These easy sandwiches are great for game day! They’re tasty, and also so easy to prep ahead and assemble later at the event. Colleen Sturma — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over
- each chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken,
- covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no
- longer pink.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over six slices of toast; layer with red
- peppers, chicken and cheese. Spread remaining pesto over remaining
- toast; place over top.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 495 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,048 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of