- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over six slices of toast; layer with red peppers, chicken and cheese. Spread remaining pesto over remaining toast; place over top. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Pesto Sandwiches
"Wow! Simply delicious. I grilled mine in a cast iron pan.. Great for a rainy day. Go Seahawks"
"I cheated and used deli chicken breast slices so I wouldn't have to turn on my oven. Turned out delicious anyways!"
"Loved the flavor of the chicken. We did indoors on a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill. Used pre-packaged mozzarella slices rather than fresh mozzarella."
"These were delicious!! The only thing I did differently was after I assembled the sandwiches I grilled them again instead of making the toast. My family went crazy over these!"
"I make paninis like this. Even better than the toasted bread. In a pinch I use the Carving Board turkey or chicken with bacon, the peppers and either the purchased pesto or some fresh basil leaves. Awesome flavor."